I wish there was another term to use to refer to this "spiritual disease of self abandonment" other than "codependence". I have seen and heard debates about whether codependence is real, if it is a "disease", whether it involves a reaction to an addict, and so forth. I understand that, in some circles, it may be important to label and classify, but, to me, this is a moot argument over semantics. Talking heads and gurus posturing.
The condition, and I have seen it referred to as "outer-dependence", and "the human condition", I think is very real, and I "classify" codependence as a tragedy. What it is called, how it is classified, and such, do not make any difference to me. What makes a difference to me is my recovery and what I can do to aid the recovery of those who are similarly afflicted.
No comments :
Post a Comment